Special Care Dentistry
Senior Care Dentistry
Our dental care and treatment plans pay special attention to senior-specific concerns like:
- Changes to the structure of oral mucosa, gums and supporting bone surrounding our teeth.
- Xerostomia, or “dry-mouth” (often a side-effect of medications).
- Denture and implant options.
- The risk of infection traveling from the mouth to hip and joint sites.
- The link between periodontal disease and heart, respiratory and stroke dangers.
Itani Dental coordinates with Case managers, Caregivers and Senior Care facilities to provide services that meet the needs of the senior populations. Our services are specifically designed to accommodate patients dealing with Immobility, Dementia, and Phobias by providing the following services:
- Mobile dental screening for groups (Senior Centers, Churches, Residential Centers).
- Our Dentistry to Your Door program, a traveling (home care) dental health service, is one of the only programs in Northern California of its kind, delivering treatment to your home, residential group home, or assisted living facility. We maintain mobile equipment and techniques designed to provide this service
- The most appropriate course of sedation for our senior adults’ and special needs patients, as well as for emergency situations they may experience.
- Personalized assessments and coordination with case managers, caregivers and senior care facilities.
CONTINUING CARE AND FOLLOW-UP VISITS
We recognize the need for ongoing care and work with patients and caregivers to establish daily care routines addressing common concerns, such as: