Special Care Dentistry serves patients who have:
- Learning or Emotional Disabilities
- Mood Disorders
- Medical, Physical, or Psychiatric Issues that prevent mobility, such as Parkinson’s Disease
- Mild to Severe Phobias
- Immobilization due to Age-Related Infirmity
Individual situations may present obstacles to dental care. Often special needs patients may have infrequent dental appointments (only once every few years, or maybe never), which can lead to acute dental complications.
Want to know more about senior care dentistry? Contact us.
Special Care Dentistry requires the ability to provide sleep or sedation options such as:
- In-office IV Sedation
- Home Care Dentistry which we offer through Dentistry to Your Door
- Hospital Care
SPECIAL NEEDS DENTISTRY & HOUSE CALL DENTAL SEDATION
A large segment of people in the Special Needs community cannot receive the dental care they require because their condition makes them unable to travel to a conventional dental office or hospital for treatment.
Some house call patients also have conditions such as Autism that may require that they be sedated in order to be treated.
Itani Dental addresses this patient need by providing house call dental sedation at the patient’s place of residence, thereby enabling the patient to receive the dental treatment they require.
Itani Dental San Francisco is dedicated to caring for the fearful, phobic and disabled communities. With more than 10 years of experience in Sleep and Sedation Dentistry, as well as Hospital Dentistry using general anesthesia, we are committed to patient comfort and safety. Dr. Itani can treat patients with: Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Cerebral Palsy, Heart disease, Dental fears or phobias, Autism, Down Syndrome and the medically and/or physically compromised.
Because of his experience and the unique nature of our practice – providing Sleep and Sedation Dentistry for patients with fears or special needs—Dr. Itani is a noted expert in this field. His affiliations include:
- President of the California Hospital Dental Group
- Member of the American Association of Hospital Dentists
- Member of the Special Care Dental Association
- Medical staff at Dental Division at Kaiser Permanente
- Medical staff at California Pacific Medical Center Hospitals (CPMC)
- Commissioner of the Department of Aging and Adult Services for City & County of San Francisco
- California Pacific Medical Center – Sutter Health Hospitals
- Kaiser Permanente San Francisco
- Kaiser Permanente Santa Clara
- Kaiser Permanente San Jose
San Francisco Department of Aging and Adult Services
- American Academy of Developmental Medicine and Dentistry
- Special Care Dentistry Association
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- French American Foundation for Medical Research and Education
- International Association for Disability and Oral Health