Special Care Dentistry
Itani Dental San Francisco has treated patients with Special Needs for over a decade and it is a large part of our practice.
Special Care Dentistry serves patients who have:
- Learning or Emotional Disabilities
- Mood Disorders
- Medical, Physical, or Psychiatric Issues that prevent mobility, such as Parkinson’s Disease
- Mild to Severe Phobias
- Immobilization due to Age-Related Infirmity
Individual situations may present obstacles to dental care. Often special needs patients may have infrequent dental appointments (only once every few years, or maybe never), which can lead to acute dental complications.
Want to know more about senior care dentistry? Contact us.
Special Care Dentistry requires the ability to provide sleep or sedation options such as:
- In-office IV Sedation
- Home Care Dentistry which we offer through Dentistry to Your Door
- Hospital Care
Itani Dental San Francisco is dedicated to caring for the fearful, phobic and disabled communities. With more than 10 years of experience in Sleep and Sedation Dentistry, as well as Hospital Dentistry using general anesthesia, we are committed to patient comfort and safety. Dr. Itani can treat patients with: Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Cerebral Palsy, Heart disease, Dental fears or phobias, Autism, Down Syndrome and the medically and/or physically compromised.
Because of his experience and the unique nature of our practice – providing Sleep and Sedation Dentistry for patients with fears or special needs—Dr. Itani is a noted expert in this field. His affiliations include:
- President of the California Hospital Dental Group
- Member of the American Association of Hospital Dentists
- Member of the Special Care Dental Association
- Medical staff at Dental Division at Kaiser Permanente
- Medical staff at California Pacific Medical Center Hospitals (CPMC)
- Commissioner of the Department of Aging and Adult Services for City & County of San Francisco