Special Care Dentistry
San Francisco Special Care Dentist
If you or someone you know needs special care dentistry due to a disability or illness, call Itani Dental at (415) 685-0011 to discuss your options. People dealing with physical or mental disabilities and illnesses can look into special care dentistry. A special care dentist is a dental professional with the skills and experience to efficiently handle the dental needs of patients with special needs. Itani Dental’s staff of special care dentists works to satisfy the needs of San Francisco residents with disabilities. Our patient-friendly mentality makes us a perfect choice for special care dentistry in the Bay Area.
Who We Can Help
We serve patients with several forms of medical and physical disabilities at our dental office. For example, we have a lot of elderly patients dealing with hearing impairment and light sensitivity. As you get older, it may be harder for you to detect oral health issues. This difficulty is brought upon by a loss of pain sensors in the mouth. Our approach is careful, and our staff is highly skilled at catering our dental process to your needs.
Some of our patients have mobility issues that make it difficult for them to travel to our office. That’s why we offer to treat patients from the comfort of their homes. Our team travels up to a 60-mile radius from our special care dentistry in San Francisco, CA, to help those with special needs.
Additionally, we provide dental services to those with mental disabilities. People with mental disabilities often need assistance from caregivers to interpret our instructions and oral health care advice. Our team works well with patients with learning disabilities and can ease their stress and provide the care they deserve.
Aside from patients that are aging or have mental disabilities, we also care for people who have a mental illness, behavioral issues, complex medical conditions, or other concerns. Whatever you’re going through, we can make your trip to the dentist as seamless as possible. These patients usually have a condition that makes it impossible for them to be still during treatment, thus compromising their safety, or they are extremely fearful and can’t undergo treatment while awake.
Conditions that can give rise to this situation include:
- Autism – Some patients may have special needs, and we are proud to be an Autism Friendly Dentist. Our staff is trained to provide exceptional care to patients with autism, and we offer a variety of services that are tailored to meet their unique needs. We also offer extended appointment times to accommodate patients who may need additional time to adjust to their surroundings. Our goal is to provide the highest quality of care possible, and we welcome the opportunity to serve patients with autism and their families.
- Alzheimers – Dealing with Alzheimer’s can be difficult, and we want to do everything we can to make your experience as positive as possible. Our team is specially trained to deal with patients with Alzheimer’s, and we offer a variety of services to address your specific needs.
- Parkinsons – Dealing with Parkinson’s disease can be a challenge in many aspects of life. That’s why we’re committed to being a Parkinson’s-friendly dental practice. We take care to provide a calm and relaxing environment, and our team is equipped to deal with the unique needs of our patients with Parkinson’s. We understand the importance of maintaining good oral health, and we’re here to help our patients achieve that goal. If you or someone you know is living with Parkinson’s, we hope you’ll give us a call. We’re here to help in any way we can.
- Cerebral Palsy – We’ve made our practice as cerebral palsy-friendly as possible. Our staff is trained to provide quality dental care in a warm and welcoming environment, and we offer a wide range of services that are designed to meet the unique needs of our patients. Whether you’re in need of routine dental care or more complex treatment, we’re here to help.
- Down Syndrome – We understand that many individuals with Down Syndrome may have special needs when it comes to dental care, and we work hard to accommodate those needs. We offer a wide range of services, from routine cleanings to more complex procedures, and we always take the time to explain everything in detail so that our patients can make informed decisions about their oral health. We believe that everyone deserves access to quality dental care, and we are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all of our patients.
- Extreme Phobia – Itani Dental is an extremely phobia-friendly dentist in San Francisco. Dr. Itani and his staff have years of experience working with patients who have a fear of going to the dentist. They offer a variety of services to help make your experience as comfortable as possible, including sedation dentistry, nitrous oxide, and oral conscious sedation. They also have a private treatment room for patients who need extra privacy or who are particularly anxious about dental procedures. If you have been avoiding the dentist because of your fear, Itani Dental can help you get the treatment you need in a safe and supportive environment.
When necessary, Itani Dental offers IV sedation or general anesthesia options to be used in hospital or dental office settings.
Our staff is expertly trained and works with a team of highly qualified specialists, including anesthesiologists, who can meet your every need.
About Dr. Itani
Dr. Itani is one of the top professionals who study special care dentistry in San Francisco, CA. He is a member of many prestigious organizations. Namely, he is the Chairman of the California Hospital Dental Group and has a vast background in treating patients with special needs.
Itani Dental works with patients with Down Syndrome, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, and more. We understand the sensitivity of providing dental services to these kinds of patients. That’s why we’ve assembled a staff of not only masterful dentists but warm-hearted human beings as well.
The flexibility of our special care dentistry services is what separates us from other dental offices in the Bay Area. We offer house calls for our patients and accept most insurance plans.